JUSUF user documentation
This documentation explains various aspects of using the JUSUF system at Jülich Supercomputing Centre. It contains both introductory and advanced material.
First time users might want to select which aspect of the system they are interested in (cluster or cloud) and then start at the beginning and work through the first few chapters, skipping those sub-chapters that contain advanced material. This way, you will learn how to log in to JUSUF, familiarize yourself with the environment, find pre-installed software, compile your own programs, and run them on JUSUF.
Advanced users can peruse the table of contents below to find out about particular topics they are interested in.
- JUSUF Cluster Partition
- Software Modules
- Building Software
- Batch system
- Processor Affinity
- MPMD: Multiple Program Multiple Data Execution Model
- GPU Computing
- GPFS File Systems in the Jülich Environment
- Data Transfer to and from JUSUF
- Heterogeneous and Cross-Module Jobs
- User tool jutil
- Container Runtime on JUSUF
- UNICORE in Production
- JUSUF Cloud Partition
- Quick Introduction
- Accessing The Cloud
- First Steps
- Accessing Virtual GPUs
- Using NVMEs
- Accessing the DATA file system
- Known Issues on JUSUF
- General FAQ
- FAQ about Data Management
- How to access largedata on a limited number of computes within your jobs?
- What file system to use for different data?
- What data quotas do exist and how to list usage?
- How to modify the users’s environment.
- How to make the currently enabled budget visible:
- How can I recall migrated data?
- How can I see which data is migrated?
- How to restore files?
- How to share files by using ACLs?
- How to avoid multiple SSH connections on data transfer?
- How to ensure correct group ID for Your project data?
- Information about $DATA incident from January 2021